OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE TECHNICIAN.
Rapid expansion of the business and workloads has led Environmental Compliance Limited (ECL) to look for a new Occupational Hygiene Technician to join the team.
ECL has over 20 years experience in providing a multitude of Occupational Hygiene Services to our broad range of clients throughout the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
ECL delivers evaluation solutions for Hazardous Substance Exposure, Local Exhaust Ventilation Examination & Testing, Noise Assessments, Vibration Exposure Assessments and other services to a broad range of clients.
Due to our current consistent 30% year on year growth, we are now searching for a capable Occupational Hygiene Technician to learn and grow within our Occupational Hygiene team. This role will involve travelling across the UK, and meeting various clients from different industry sectors as well as, potentially, overseas.
ECL operates under agile working conditions, and as such the position will be split between remote working when not on-site at the client’s facility or training with an experienced Occupational Hygienist at one of our offices spread throughout the UK.
- Accurately measuring and sampling levels of exposure, often through precise use of specialist equipment
- Undertaking surveys and evaluating risks to health in the workplace
- Considering all options of control, such as ventilation, containment, PPE and finding cost-effective solutions
- Managing projects effectively and within time scale
- Providing clear and accurate information on complex health and safety issues
- Liaising with a range of people, including employers and employees, in the process of evaluating workplaces
- Compiling data, writing reports and presenting findings to clients
- Recording facts or details of procedures in the workplace
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with relevant Health & Safety procedures and legislation
- Building and maintaining a good rapport with clients
YOU’RE THE ONE IF YOU…
The Occupational Hygiene Technician position is suitable for an independent individual with intellectual maturity and can manage their time effectively.
If you are looking for more than being an employee and have aspiration and drive to achieve higher goals in your career, this position may be perfect for you.
The candidate will be expected to work predominantly from clients’ sites and the ECL regional offices for training for the first 12 months in the role. This will then progress to more home working.
The applicant must come from a technical background and have some previous knowledge or experience of Health & Safety and/or Occupational Hygiene. Some experience in carrying out LEV Testing or DSEAR Assessments is preferred, however not essential, as full training will be provided.
We place a huge emphasis on continual learning and provide all employees with industry development points that can be gained by attending conferences and courses.
The applicant must have:
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- An analytical approach to work and a high level of attention to detail
- An understanding of safe systems of work and wider Health & Safety legislation based on working on clients’ sites
- The ability to write technical reports that are clear, concise, factual, and easy to read
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with superb client-facing and organisational skills
- A current UK driving license & passport
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet regular healthy objectives and targets
- Technical and IT skills for using specialist equipment
GET IN TOUCH…