ENVIRONMENTAL AIR QUALITY TECHNICIAN.
Environmental Compliance Limited (ECL) provides a wide range of environmental consultancy and testing services, assisting clients with achieving and maintaining environmental regulatory compliance and personal safety within the workplace.
Established in 2001, we are now the largest Emissions Monitoring test house in Wales and top 3 in the UK. Over the last eighteen months, despite Coronvirus, the company has maintained growth at over 30%. We have extensive experience in air emissions monitoring, providing services to our broad range of clients throughout the UK and Europe.
Due to expansion in workload, we are now looking to recruit a team of Trainee Environmental Air Quality Technicians in our Cardiff and Kingswinford, West Midlands offices.
ECL is a multi disciplinary environmental company and as our staff progress and develop within the business they will have the opportunity to work within other ECL disciplines. One of ECL’s core beliefs is cross-skilling staff within the business to work on multi disciplinary projects.
No current experience is necessary as the role comes with a comprehensive and progressive training program and in-house mentoring.
Level 1 Stack Tester training will be provided. Successful applicants will be put forward to pursue the relevant Level 2 professional qualifications under the MCERTS scheme if enthusiastic. Career progression opportunities available.
Full training on safe systems of working will also be provided.
YOUR TASKS WOULD BE…
The work will involve undertaking a wide range of Environmental Air Monitoring activities. Predominantly working alongside a team leader to undertake air quality emissions monitoring whilst adhering to documented procedures, regulatory standards, and industry best practice.
Other activities would include:
- Working both in the office and out on site
- Preparing equipment ready for site visits
- Ordering the relevant sampling media in preparation for site visits
- Driving to and from site and collecting equipment when required
- Assisting with report preparation and pre-site visit documentation
- In some instances, working at height and lifting will be required
YOU’RE THE ONE IF YOU…
The Environmental Air Quality Technician position is suitable for an independent individual with intellectual maturity and can manage their time effectively.
If you are looking for more than being an employee, have aspiration and drive to achieve higher goals in your career, if travelling the countryside with the potential of experiences overseas and meeting various clients from different industry sectors, sounds interesting, then this position may be perfect for you.
The candidate will be expected to work predominantly from clients’ sites and the ECL regional offices for training for the first 12 months in the role. On completion of our full training programme, this will then progress to more home working.
This is an ideal opportunity for keen individuals to gain experience and professional qualifications in a growing industry sector.
The applicant must have:
- Good English & Math skills
- No current environmental experience necessary as full training will be given from trainee to MCERTS level 2 if desired;
- A current manual UK driving licence is essential
- Good understanding of Microsoft excel and word
- A desire to learn and progress
- Self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work overtime based upon project requirements
- Flexibility for staying away from home whilst working on some projects
GET IN TOUCH…