OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE CONSULTANT.
Due to the rapid expansion of the business and workloads, Environmental Compliance Limited (ECL) is currently looking for an experienced Occupational Hygiene Consultant.
ECL has extensive experience in providing a plethora of Occupational Hygiene Services to our broad range of clients throughout the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
By delivering evaluation solutions for hazardous substance exposure, Local Exhaust Ventilation Examination & Testing, Noise Assessments, Vibration Exposure Assessments and other services to a broad range of clients.
Due to our current consistent 30% year on year growth, we are now looking to recruit a capable and experienced Occupational Hygienist. This role will involve travelling across the UK and, potentially, overseas and meeting various clients from different industry sectors.
ECL operates under agile working conditions, and as such the position is offered as predominently remote working from home when not on-site at the client’s facility.
YOUR TASKS WOULD BE…
The work will involve undertaking a wide range of Occupational Hygiene related projects such as:
- Accurately measuring and sampling levels of exposure, often through precise use of specialist equipment
- Undertaking surveys and evaluating risks to health in the workplace
- Considering all options of control, such as ventilation, containment, PPE and finding cost-effective solutions
- Managing projects effectively and within time scale
- Providing clear and accurate information on complex health and safety issues
- Liaising with a range of people, including employers and employees, in the process of evaluating workplaces
- Compiling data, writing reports and presenting findings to clients
- Recording facts or details of procedures in the workplace
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with relevant Health & Safety procedures and legislation
- Building and maintaining a good rapport with clients
YOU’RE THE ONE IF YOU…
The Occupational Hygiene Consultant position is suitable for an intellectually mature individual who values his/her independence and can manage time effectively.
If you are looking for more than being an employee and have aspiration and drive to achieve higher goals in your career, this position may be perfect for you.
The candidate will be expected to work from home and at clients’ sites, plus visit the ECL regional offices occasionally.
The applicant must come from a strong technical background and have experience of Occupational Hygiene and Health & Safety. Some experience in carrying out Workplace Exposure Monitoring and Noise Assessments is essential.
It would be preferable for the applicant to be a qualified and experienced Occupational Hygienist – holding a relevant technical qualification in Occupational Hygiene either at the Certificate level or working towards this (BOHS/IOA or equivalent qualifications).
We place a huge emphasis on continual learning and provide all employees with industry development points that can be gained by attending conferences and courses.
The applicant must have:
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- An analytical approach to work and a high level of attention to detail
- An understanding of safe systems of work and wider Health & Safety legislation based on working on clients’ sites
- The ability to write technical reports that are clear, concise, factual, and easy to read
- A current UK driving license & passport
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with superb client-facing and organisational skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet healthy objectives
- A relevant technical qualification in Occupational Hygiene either at Certificate level or working towards this
- Technical and IT skills for using specialist equipment