ENVIRONMENTAL PERMITS CONSULTANCY SERVICE.
ECL provide a leading Environmental Permits Consultancy Service for UK Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR).
Our team of expert environmental consultants have a wealth of regulatory, operational and industrial knowledge, having in combination over 90+ years’ experience working in consultancy, industry, Natural Resources Wales (formerly Environment Agency Wales) and Local Authorities.
ECL can help your business identify which Environmental Permits you require; help prepare and apply for the appropriate permit and will liaise with the relevant Environmental Agency (NRW/EA/SEPA) on your behalf.
We are specialists in the production of all types of Environmental Permit from simple Standard Rules Environmental Permits through to complex Bespoke Installation Environmental Permits. Routinely producing permit applications for new sites, variations to existing permits, transfer, and partial transfer of permits, through to the closure and surrender of Environmental Permits.
What Is An Environmental Permit?
An environmental permit is a legal document that authorises an organisation to carry out activities that have the potential to cause pollution or harm to the environment.
Environmental permits are issued by regulatory bodies, such as Natural Resources Wales (NRW) in Wales, the Environment Agency (EA) in England, the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA) in Scotland and Local Authorities (LA), to ensure that organisations and businesses comply with current environmental regulations and to protect the environment.
Environmental permits specify the conditions under which an organisation can operate, such as emission limits, waste disposal requirements, monitoring obligations and discharges to air, land, and water.
Businesses that hold environmental permits must comply with the conditions outlined in the permit to ensure that they are operating within the limits of environmental legislation.
Who Requires An Environmental Permit?
In the UK, organisations that operate certain types of installations or carry out certain types of activities are required to hold an environmental permit.
The types of installations and activities that require environmental permits can vary depending on the industry and the potential impact on the wider environment.
In order to legally operate, Environmental Permits and consents are required by industries such as:
- automotive industry
- energy and utilities companies
- production and processing of metals
- mineral industries – cement, glass, ceramics
- chemical industry
- waste management activities – landfill, incineration, waste recovery
- paper and board
- carbon activities
- coating, printing and textiles
- dyes and inks
- food and drink
- pharmaceutical production
- carbon capture and storage
Some examples of activities that may require an environmental permit include:
- Activities that involve the use or release of hazardous substances, such as storage, handling, and disposal of hazardous waste
- Large-scale industrial activities, such as chemical production, metal processing, and power generation
- Waste management facilities, such as landfills, incinerators, and waste transfer stations
- Water abstraction and discharge activities, such as water treatment plants, sewage treatment plants, and industrial effluent discharges
What Kind of Environmental Permits Are Available?
Your Expert Environmental Permitting Consultancy Service
The ECL team have over 90+ years of environmental permitting experience and work on behalf of a vast range of clients from individuals through to large multi-national limited companies in the private sector to public organisations.
If you are unsure whether your business requires an environmental permit, contact ECL today to speak to one of our expert environmental permitting consultants. We can help you determine your regulatory requirements and assist you with obtaining and maintaining the necessary permits.
ECL can provide a comprehensive service to manage the application process, from the initial pre-application liaison with the relevant Regulatory Authority to the preparation and submission of the application to handling post-submission queries and discharge of pre-Operational or Improvement Conditions.
We can either provide total project management of the permitting application process, or work in conjunction with other project team members or technical consultants. Our environmental permitting consultants can also help your business with:
- Part A1 Environmental Permits
- Local Authority A2 and Part B Permits
- Environmental Risk Assessments (formerly H1 assessments)
- Fire Prevention Plans
- Best Available Techniques (BAT) Assessments
- Air Quality Modelling and Assessments (including stack height screening assessment and optimisation)
- Environmental Management Systems (from Company own system to ISO14001)
- Odour Management Plans
- Noise Management Plans
- Dust Management Plans
- Pest Management Plans
- Water/Waste/Energy Efficiency Audits
- Fugitive Emission Plans
- Accident Management Plans
- Human Health Risk Assessments
- Site Condition Reports
- Hydrogeological Risk Assessments
- Site Closure Reports
- Commissioning Reports
- Decommissioning Reports
- Phase 1, Phase II Ground Investigation and Reporting
- Site Investigation
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Ambient Air Quality Monitoring
- Odour Monitoring
- Bioaerosol Monitoring
Get in touch with us via our Enquiry Form or call us on 01443 801215 for any queries regarding our wide range of Environmental Permitting Consultancy Services or Planning Applications and we can provide you with advice, information and a free quotation.