LEV TESTING TECHNICIAN.
Due to the rapid expansion of the business and workloads, Environmental Compliance Limited (ECL) is currently looking for an experienced LEV Testing Technician.
ECL has extensive experience in providing a plethora of Occupational Hygiene Services to our broad range of clients throughout the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
We have experienced and qualified Occupational Hygienists who have in combination over 80 years of experience in delivering evaluation solutions for hazardous substances, Local Exhaust Ventilation Examination & Testing, Workplace Noise Assessments, Vibration Exposure Assessments and other services to a broad range of clients.
Due to expansion in workload, we are now looking to recruit a capable and experienced LEV Testing Technician. This role will involve home working, travelling to clients’ sites and ideally being based in the South-West region of England.
ECL operates under agile working conditions, and as such the position is offered as predominently remote working from home when not on-site at the client’s facility.
YOUR TASKS WOULD BE…
The work will involve undertaking a wide range of Local Exhaust Ventilation Testing related projects such as:
- Undertaking LEV through examination & test (TExT) and report writing
- Compiling data, writing reports, and presenting findings to the client
- Building and maintaining a good rapport with the client
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with relevant Health & Safety procedures + legislation
- Managing a project effectively and within time scale
- Recording facts or details of procedures in the workplace
YOU’RE THE ONE IF YOU…
The LEV Testing Technician position is suitable for an intellectually mature individual who values his/her independence and can manage time effectively.
If you are looking for more than being an employee and have aspiration and drive to achieve higher goals in your career, this position may be perfect for you.
The candidate will be expected to work from home and at clients’ sites, plus visit the ECL regional offices occasionally.
The applicant must come from a strong technical and educational background, hold a hold a BOHS P601 qualification (further P600 series certifications would be beneficial) and have in-depth knowledge of COSHH regulations with respect to LEV and occupational exposure.
We place a huge emphasis on continual learning and provide all employees with industry development points that can be gained by attending conferences and courses.
Professional training through industry recognised training institutions would be offered to the right candidate, along with ongoing mentoring / assistance from our highly experienced team of BOHS qualified Occupational Hygienists.
The applicant must have:
- Previous experience within the LEV industry.
- An analytical approach to work and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, client-facing and organisational skills.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, word and excel.
- Understanding of safe systems of work + wider H&S legislation based on working on a clients’ site.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet healthy objectives.
- A current UK full driving license
- The ability to write technical reports that are clear, concise, factual, and easy to read.
- Technical and IT skills for using specialist equipment.