Environmental Consultant Job Vacancy
POSITIONS: Environmental Consultant – 1 Available
LOCATIONS: UK (Remote) or office
SALARY: (Negotiable depending on experience)
HOURS: 16 – 37 ½ Hours per week
HOLIDAY: Up to 24 days holiday
ECL is a leading privately-owned environmental consultancy with an unrivaled reputation for providing high-quality services.
We provide advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific environmental issues to a diverse and growing base of business in the energy, waste management, planning & development, industrial and manufacturing services from sole traders to large multi-national companies.
We currently have an opportunity for an Environmental Consultant to join our Environmental Consultancy Team. The position is offered on a permanent contract basis as full-time, part-time, or reduced / flexible hours. ECL’s consultancy team whilst predominantly based in South Wales, pre-Covid 19, works under agile working conditions, and as such the position is offered remote working from home with opportunities to be based in one of ECL’s offices in the UK. The candidate must have as a minimum at least two years’ experience in an environmental role ideally through environmental consultancy, industry (in an environmental capacity), or regulatory position.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Environmental Consultant position will include providing assistance with the production of Environmental Permit applications for all types of facilities and installations including anaerobic digestion, landfill, energy from waste facilities, metal recycling and end of life vehicles, waste treatment, chemicals, intensive farming, food production, recycling and transfer sites across the UK.
- the production of risk assessments and associated documents for Permit applications (H1 risk assessments, site condition reports, application forms, management plans, etc);
- managing input from different teams and compiling the final submission documentation;
- ongoing support services to permitted sites such as the production of Environmental Management Systems, Site audits, site investigation;
In addition, the successful Environmental Consultant candidate will have the opportunity to assist with planning applications.
The individual will also be required to work both independently and as part of ECL’s in-house team of specialists, the wider project team and to liaise with all parties including regulatory bodies as required.
Demonstrable consultancy or commercially based experience post-graduation in waste regulation or the preparation of Environmental Permit applications is essential; however, training will be available for individuals with relevant transferrable skills/experience/knowledge gained in other areas of environmental consulting wishing to pursue the role.
- A background in Environmental Permitting, or Company Environmental Department, with demonstrable experience post-graduation – ideally in a consultancy or regulatory background (minimum 2 years);
- A relevant degree/ Masters;
- Must be able to work to deadlines and budgets, manage own workload as well as have good project managing skills to work within a team; and
- Driving license – most of our sites are remote from public transport.
We are always looking for enthusiastic, motivated, and dynamic people to join our vibrant and exceptionally talented team of consultants at ECL.